How Many Affiliates Are Registered With Amazon Associates Program?
So, how many amazon affiliates are out there? Millions? Tens of Thousands? Speculating? Well, I have an official word! In today’s Craigslist job posting (I would have just linked to the posting, but as unfortunately Craigslist removes the postings within a few weeks, I am copying the posting here. Hopefully, won’t run into any copyright issues!), it was mentioned that they have 2 million affiliates!
“Buckle up! Drive online traffic and revenue to Amazon.com – Software (Seattle, WA)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-07-29, 9:28AM PDT
With a network of over two million affiliates, the Amazon.com Associates Program is a leader in online marketing, driving significant amounts of online traffic and revenue to Amazon.com properties worldwide. We are looking for a sharp software development engineer to join our Software Quality Engineering team. Amazon Associates program offers a comprehensive suite of products to our affiliate customers including contextual ads, highly customizable widgets, and syndicated content via web service API and bulk feeds. These products exploit a wide array of sophisticated technologies to help our affiliates drive traffic to Amazon.com and earn substantial referral fees in the process.
You will join a team of software development engineers, whose primary focus is to facilitate software quality by advocating best practices, building test tools and frameworks, and increasing the levels of test automation across our product suite. The Software Quality Engineering team works very closely with our engineering and product management teams to help ensure that we deliver high quality products that delight our customers. This role carries a high level of visibility and influence across our organization.
To be successful in this role you will be an independent thinker, who is technically strong and inquisitive about how things work, and is passionate about software engineering and software quality. If you have the skills/aptitude to look at a system architecture diagram and see failure modes, we want you!
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing software applications using Java/C++ and Perl/Ruby
• Solid presentation and written communication skills
• Experience developing software test plans and test cases
• Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
• Working knowledge of XML and XSLT is a plus
Amazon.com is recruiting for Seattle-based opportunities. Relocation to Seattle, WA is required.
* Location: Seattle, WA
* Compensation: Open
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.